Coastal Edge Dance Centre (CEDC) is committed to protecting your and your child’s online privacy when visiting any website that they operate. The CEDC does not collect any personal information from online visitors unless it is volunteered and ask all children under the age of 16 to seek permission from a parent or guardian before using the site.
Coastal Edge Dance Centre, although not bound by the USA regulations set out in the Children’s Online Privacy Protections Act of 1998, adheres to the best practices set out by this law as well as following the Data Protection Act 1998 (UK). Coastal Edge Dance Centre will endeavour to protect a child’s information from misuse.
Using your personal information
The forms present on the website are designed to collect only the minimum amount of information required from visitors. We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
• to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling and create reports for internal use
• to contact you via email in the following circumstances
If you have provided your contact details to join the our mailing list you have, in so doing, also consented CEDC to contact you on a monthly basis to keep you informed of Coastal Edge Dance Centre information, offers and events:
• Where you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that you have provided them with the information set out in these provisions, and that they have not objected to such use of their personal information. Where you give us such information, you agree (and confirm that the other person has agreed) to our processing such information in the manner set out in these provisions.
• We will not disclose your information to third parties except where the law allows or requires or where you have given your permission for us to do so.
For any enquiries regarding this Privacy Statement please contact us at (778) 285-3300.
The CEDC wishes to encourage children to use the internet safely. The following are a few suggestions for safe use of the internet:
• Adults can help by spending time online with children to explain the kind of sites they are happy for them to access and those that they shouldn’t.
• Coastal Edge Dance Centre will endeavour to protect a child’s information from misuse however you can help by advising your children not to disclose their personal information to strangers and to inform you if they come across anything strange or unusual.
• Limiting the time your children spend online every day will ensure that they are more focused about the material they want to find from websites.
• The linked sites are not under the control of Coastal Edge Dance Centre and the CEDC cannot be responsible for the contents of any linked site or link contained in a link site, or any changes or updates to such sites. The Coastal Edge Dance Centre is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any other linked site. Coastal Edge Dance Centre is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any other link does not imply endorsement by Coastal Edge Dance Centre or the site.